Translate

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Where is the marketing perspective?

Seriously? No Chief Marketing Officer on the call? SouthWest Airlines conducted a conference call on July 19, 2012 describing their second quarter earnings for this year. Included on the call are the CEO,COO,and the CFO. Of course these are the usual suspects for a conference call regarding the success of a business, but its missing the visual component to success...MARKETING

http://seekingalpha.com/article/734501-southwest-airlines-management-discusses-q2-2012-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=1


 I understand how important financial results are to a business, but as a consumer I would like to read about how their marketing strategy has contributed to this success. Also with the numerous advances Southwest is planning to implement in the near future I would imagine new marketing techniques (whether large or small) may be included as well. I would have appreciated more insight on their thoughts about creating new ways to promote Southwest or how they will continue to keep the attention of their customers amidst competition. In totality it was a decent conference call, just missing the icing on the cake.


 Christopher Moore A.K.A ChrisPY MAC

No comments:

Post a Comment